I know this series of post annoy some people, but trust me, it’s not to brag about my travel! I have the pleasure to be part of the Mozilla team that will go to the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona. While I hear that will be a very busy week for me, I added two more days to my trip, so I can visit a little since it will be my first time in Spain.
As usual, I did a small list of what I had in mind for my visit: I only have two days off, so it’s not like I can do many things, so I want to maximize my time to focus on what is really worth. Every place I go, I have three things to do:
- Buying a local sim card so I can have data (not quite an activity, but sometimes a journey because of languages barrier);
- Buy a collector mug at Starbucks (Émilie like to get one from every place I go, and they usually have a mug for the city, or at least the country);
- Doing at least one geocache (it helps me discover stuff near my hotel).
This time, it will be special as Émilie is coming with me: she will do her stuff while I’ll work, but we’ll have the last two days together). For now, here is what I have on my list:
- Visit to the Park Güell (a suggestion from honey);
- Basilica of the Sagrada Familia (I like to visit basilicas; their architecture is amazing);
- La Barceloneta (I want to bathe in the sea);
- A drink on the rooftop of the hotel 1898 (I read we have an incredible view over the city);
So this is it for now, but I’ll look for more stuff. On the other side, I don’t want a packed schedule as I want to be able to stop somewhere if we find something we want to do. So anything I’m missing? Any restaurants or coffee shop we should know about? Anything else we should absolutely visit?
Creative Commons: https://www.flickr.com/photos/13133026@N00/8464046864/